Solace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] - Dortox shaman 70

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] - Dortox shaman 70 Empty [ACCEPTED] - Dortox shaman 70

Post  Dortox Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:06 pm

1. Please tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, how old are you, what are you doing for a living?

I'm 17 years old swede, currently studying at college to become a Master of Science in Engineering (weird title, I know) or something within biotechnology.

2. Please list your playtimes below (in-game time), be specific (e.g. Monday: 18:00 to 02:00, etc.). Do you expect those playtimes to change within the next 4-6 months?

Monday through Thursday: 1700 - 2400
Friday to Sunday: 1300 - 0300

3. Since when are you playing WoW? What is the /played time on your character(s) ?(Also include played time at level 70 please)

I've been playing WoW since pre-TBC where I enjoyed playing as a priest. Currently I look to play my shaman as my main in WOTLK.
/played on shaman: 68 days total, 47 at 70. This is a pretty old character of mine.

4. What is your prior guild history? What is your current guild, if any? Be detailed please, explain reasons for leaving.

With my priest I was in a guild called Rapture (Alliance) on Runetotem. Guild eventually broke down during the summer and I decided to take a break from WoW.
With my hunter I was in: Dusk Ronin, Expired, Order of the Muffin (Daggerspine). Order of the Muffin which was my most recent guild decided to switch over to another realm and as I recently had transferred to Daggerspine to play with them I could not initially join them in the transfer. Depending on this I decided to take another break from WoW.
With my shaman I haven't really been in any raiding guilds, I have mostly been doing a variety of raids with friends.

5. What is your past raid experience in WoW?

Pre-TBC (Priest): Fully cleared everything except: C'Thun and most Naxx bosses.
TBC (Hunter): Everything except Sunwell.
TBC (Shaman): Karazhan, TK and SSC.

6. Introduce your character, please include class, level, race, talent spec.

My character is named Dortox. He is a level 70 tauren shaman who is currently specced for grinding gold as elemental. I am however applying for the enhancement shaman spot.

7. Submit a link to your character profile below, armory one works fine (we're lazy yeah).Try to make sure it contains the gear you'd use for PvE, or tell us something about your PvE gear in case we can't see it on armory.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Dortox
He currently has a full epic set for every spec suitable for SSC/TK, resto gear is a bit more decced out. (Armory seems to be updating slowly so please let me know if you're missing anything)

8. Please explain your talent spec to us. If you're currently specced for PvP, please post a link to the spec you will chose for PvE, and explain that as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hxZhLxIoxdAIkubot
This is the enhancement spec I'd use to for PVE.
The build has two main points:
To be able to deliver good DPS and to benefit the other raid members as much as possible.
I believe this build achieves this by making sure my totems help the others as much as possible but still leaving me an ample amount of talent points to maximize my own damage and making sure my mana doesn't burn up in 30 seconds.

9. Please explain your vision on what your class should do in a raid.

As it is shamans are currently viable as healers or DPS.
While both of these roles can do their primary task very well they are also very beneficial to any raid due to totems and various other buffs.
Last but not least all shamans, like every other class, should spend a lot of time on theorycraft as it's definately needed if you want to get all that's possible out of your character.

10. What kind of resist gear do you have, for different resist types? Please list your unbuffed resists, in your respective resist gear.

None, but I will purchase any needed resistance gear.

11. Which tradeskills and gathering professions do you have at 350+? Do you have any rare recipes, tradeskill-related factions?

Dragonscale leatherworking @ 375. Don't have any unusual BOE recipies.
Enchanting @ 356. Don't have any unusual recipies.

12. If you have or had any other characters at level 70, please introduce them briefly, and give us a short history.

Crackah, my hunter has been my main raiding character in TBC but I've grown tired of playing the hunter class. He's currently in tier 6 level gear.

13. Why do you want to join Solace?

You seem very serious and just the kind of guild I'd like to be in when the expansion arrives. I'm tired of seeing wipes due to stupid mistakes because people couldn't be arsed to read the tactics and you definately don't seem like the kind of guild where this would happen.

14. Who do you know in Solace, how do you know them?

-

15. Do you accept and follow all of our rules?

Absolutely.

16. Are you willing and able to read and use our forums daily, as we require?

Yes, I have too much spare time. Sad

17. How is your latency on Ravencrest? Do you ever lag or disconnect? Do you ever get crashes?

Latency is around 40-80 ms. No lag, disconnects or crashes.

18. How much control do you have over your playtimes? Can you sometimes stay up late? Can you arrange your dinner and other obligations before our raid times? Can you raid without interruptions?

I can stay up late every now and then but I don't want it to become a habbit. Arranging dinner etc. is absolutely no problem. I always make sure I haave everything I need to do done before I sit down to start raiding, so I never get any interruptions during raids.

19. Are you willing - and have the time to - to farm faction, resist gear and consumables as needed for our raids, outside our raiding times?

Yes, of course.

20. Do you have anything else to add to your apply?

Nope, think I pretty much covered it all.

Thanks for reading!

Dortox

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] - Dortox shaman 70 Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] - Dortox shaman 70

Post  Nayru Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Neat application Dortox. We will discuss it in the upcoming days. Look forward to a reply soon! You got my vote cyclops
Nayru
Nayru

Back to top Go down

Post  Mommel Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Got mine too!

Great application and you sound like a really smart guy too Razz

(The fact that you got my vote doesn't mean a lot tho, since I'm only a trial.. but still!)

Mommel

Back to top Go down

Post  Nayru Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:50 pm

even our trialists are elite! must count for something?!!!
Nayru
Nayru

Back to top Go down

Post  Mommel Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:55 pm

Wouldn't call Lugte elite tbh..

Mommel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevi Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Application accepted, welcome to Solace.
Sevi
Sevi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down