Solace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] - Lorak - Hunter 70

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] - Lorak - Hunter 70 Empty [ACCEPTED] - Lorak - Hunter 70

Post  Lorak Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:27 am

Introduction

Hello Solace. My name is Andreas and I live in Sweden. At an age of 17 I'm working my way through my second year in college. I guess you could say that overall I'm a pretty positive person, I'll keep the mood up during raids and in guild chat.

Playtimes

My game times usually is something like 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM. If we happen to be close to downing a new boss, I would be happy to stay longer.

Time played

I started playing World of Warcraft about four years ago. Back in old school WoW I played warrior in a small raiding guild. About a year ago I started with this character and I've been playing on it since then. /played on this char is 40 days, while 29 of those is at 70.

Guild History

Pre-TBC

Iconic - Alliance guild on Runetotem, the guild slowly started to collapse as people started leaving.

Jelly Babies - Another alliance guild on Runetotem. I joined JB right after Iconic, this is where I had my pre-TBC raiding.

TBC

At the start of TBC I created my hunter on Ravencrest. Somehow, the guilds I ended up in didn't seem to get past Karazhan.

SaH - After several weeks of mindless wiping at Attumen I bumped into SaH. I joined and we started progressing very quickly after Gruul's Lair. At the start of this years summer some of the members froze their accounts, which eventually caused the guild to enter hibernation.

Raiding experience

I had very little progress in pre-TBC, mainly because I started playing WoW serously right before TBC was released. Because of this I only made it past a couple of bosses in Molten Core.

So, to sum up the rest of my raiding.

I have:
- Cleared Karazhan.
- Killed Gruul
- Killed Magtheridon
- Cleared Serpent Shrine Cavern
- Cleared Tempest Keep
- Cleared Mount Hyjal
- Killed four out of nine in Black Temple

Caracter introduction

My character is a level 70 Orc hunter, currently specced marksmanship
(Click for zhe specc) for random purposes.

Armory Link

Teh slack never ends!

Talent specc explanation

I went away on a holiday during the summer and when I came back the talents were updated (Cheers, Blizz!). After some experimenting at wowhead I chose a specc I thought fit for dailies, heroics and WotLK leveling.

Hunters? We don't need those for raiding, do we?

Oh yes, we might turn out to be pretty handy while in a raid. Our main purpose is DPS, of course. We've even got awesome aspects, trueshot aura and other juicy stuff. When you need to pull a group of mobs or a boss, you will probably have a Hunter there with a misdirection ready, giving you a head start with aggro!

Resistance gear

I'm currently not in posession of any resistance gear. If it's needed in WotLK, grinding won't be a problem.

Tradeskills and gathering professions

Right now I've got engineering and mining. I've got 375 in both of the professions. The only "rare" recipe I've got right now is the repair bot. Ask me in game for more information.

Other characters

I've got several characters in Ravencrest. Those worth mentioning are:

Aldjin
- level 70 Troll enchancement Shaman, 365 alchemy/375 herbalism. I might level this one up to 80 in WotLK.

Alaïs - level 65 Blood Elf shadow Priest, 360 shadow tailor/375 mining.

Reason for joining Solace

I would love to get back into raiding and with WotLK close to release I decided to look for an active and dedicated guild that's planning to raid in WotLK.

Do you know anyone in Solace and how do you know them?

I know Tentra from the good times in SaH and Dortox is a close friend of mine.

Do you accept and follow all of our rules?

I fully understand and accept your rules.

Are you willing and able to read and use our forums daily?

I'll check the forums every day.

How is your internet connection?

My latency usually doesn't go higher than 100, so I don't think that will be a problem.

How much control do you have over your playtimes?

It worked out very good during my raids in SaH, so I don't think the playtimes will be a problem. I usually eat dinner before 6:00 PM, so I don't think they will interfere with the raids.

Would you farm/grind if needed?

Of course.

Do you have anything else to add to your apply?

I've got nothing else to add. If you need additional information, just whisper me or mail me in game.

Thank you for reading,

Lorak
Lorak
Lorak

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] - Lorak - Hunter 70 Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] - Lorak - Hunter 70

Post  Tentra Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi Lorak! Nice to see some old friends. So nostalgic.
I would be more than happy to fight beside you once again.

So I would like to recommend him as a great player. Not really because he's an old guildmate of mine, but because I remember him as a funny and dedicated person. Who actually doesn't go afk after pressing the auto-shot button.

You will always have my vote Lorak. :>

- Tentra

Tentra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffani Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:53 pm

Hey Lorak and thanks for applying! Your experience attitude and overall application are fine, and I would invite you to the guild if it wasn't for something else.
You see, we need to currently assess when people are able to raid and when not, so we know if bringing in another ranged dps will be a good thing to do. This is to prevent having too much people that have to sit out on raids. I hope you can understand this and I will personally contact you in-game as soon as we clarified this situation, letting you know whether or not we can take you in.

I hope you're willing to wait for that.

-Tiff

Tiffani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorak Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:16 pm

Thank you for the good words and for responding so quickly!
Looking forward to hear from you again.

See you in game,

Lorak
Lorak
Lorak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevi Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:39 am

Welcome to Solace.
Sevi
Sevi
Admin