Solace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80 Empty [ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80

Post  Issenhammer Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:14 am

Hello there Solace, I’m here to make an application to your guild so here goes.

1: My name is Morten Feldstedt Jespersen; I’m a 17 year old boy living in the southern part of Denmark (Sønderjylland!). I go to the gymnasium at my 2nd year (studying math-physics-chemistry for those who care). I live in an extremely small town with about 3000 inhabitants meaning there’s absolutely nothing to do in my spare time except to do my homework and then sit at the computer. This means I have plenty of time for playing wow, and that is usually what I do except when homework is killing me.

2: I will be available everyday to raid, simply put. Of course this is not exactly true I will not be able to attend if an emergency family issue comes up, this doesn’t seem to happen very often though, more like never and since I do not have a job after school, neither playing sports then I have all the time in the world to raid, and I love raiding so I’ll be there looking forward to every raid.

3: I started playing wow the 23rd of July 2005 when my brother came home drunk with the game, he didn’t own a computer himself at that time and therefore we made a compromise, we agreed that we shared the account since I supplied the computer and he supplied with paying the monthly fee. On this account I didn’t get to reach level 60 and I had about 15 played days on that character (oh yes, leveling as protection warrior sucked ASS back in the days). Then in March 2006 my brother got his own computer and decided to take the account for himself and I had to buy my own. This is where I made my first warlock I have played ever since, up until now. That warlock was located on Ravencrest as alliance and it had 210 played days, including 160 played days in level 70. I then also had 3 other level 70 characters, a shaman with 20 played days, a hunter with 15 played days and then finally a priest with 10 played days.
On this brand new warlock here on the horde side I so far have only 11 played days including 1 day in level 80, this shouldn’t be much of a problem given my great experience as playing warlock on alliance side.

4: My raiding career started out in the guild Purosety which later became aeon, and even later turned into Silence. I was only there in the Purosety/start of aeon period. I was very happy being in this guild, but in the end of vanilla wow, people didn’t want to raid and were instead doing pvp, this I did not tolerate and left to find myself a raiding guild, and raiding is really what it’s all about.
After a long time of searching for a guild I was finally accepted into the Danish guild Dominance, again I found myself a guild I was really happy to be a part of, but in the summer of 2007 I left to join Aloria. I did this because people got tired of raiding in Dominance, plus I had a clear feeling I was disliked by one of the main officers because of my eager to push raiding to become hardcore in a somewhat, semi casual guild.
I was then in Aloria until the end, the guild broke down simply because it wasn’t possible for us to attract healers to the guild, and since the guild had become more like a swing door where we got a bigger and bigger need of healers by the minute.
This meant that I yet again was unguilded looking for a place to live out my dream to beat all the content available in the game, I then hear imba was looking for a warlock, I gave it a shot and got accepted the 3rd of January 2008. I was in that guild until the fall of 2008, and the reason why I couldn’t stay in the guild was that I had to go casual for a month or so, I asked for a demote to casual rank, and suddenly one day there was a big guild clean-up, meaning that the Guildmaster kicked about 50 casuals and loads of alt characters.
When I got back to the game I applied for Pacifism and got accepted just before the release of WotLK, after some time in that guild one of my real life friends offered me to with him, though as horde on Ravencrest, I thought it over and found out I simply didn’t have any reasons to stay, so I took the offer and a couple of days before WotLK release I moved my old warlock to Vek’nilash and made this warlock where I dinged 80 the 10th of December.

5: My raiding experience pre Burning Crusade isn’t as extensive as my experience in the Burning Crusade, this is because I started my old warlock relatively late (March 06 as stated somewhere above) this meant I didn’t have much time to make a name out of myself and I only got to clear Molten Core and Blackwing Lair, and killed Fankriss in Ahn’Qiraj.
In the Burning Crusade I had the opportunity to raid at a higher level and that resulted in me being accepted into one of the among five best guilds on the server, throughout the Burning Crusade I cleared, Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon (before nerf(!)), Serpentshrine Caverns, The Eye, Mount Hyjal, Black Temple and then the 5 first bosses in Sunwell, I had to go casual just when we were at Kil’jaeden but I was there with the guild (imba) progressing through the hard phases, phase 3 and 4, but missed out on the easy execution itself, being phase 5. Sadly I didn’t get to kill him either in Pacifism.

6: My character is a level 80 warlock named Issenhammer, just like the old one, this new warlock is a female blood elf, and she is a blood elf because I have mainly been playing a human male and this time I wanted a female, and I simply can’t stand the looks of undead and orc females, that left me with blood elf as the only choice.
The talent build I use on this warlock is a 0/31/40 destruction build, setup for fire damage.

7: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Issenhammer
This is the link for my new warlock, it isn’t that heavily geared, since it’s a brand new character.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&n=Issenhammer
And this is the armory link for my old warlock, just to show you that I actually did all those things as stated somewhere above.

8: I chose this talent build (0/31/40) because affliction sadly doesn’t seem that viable as it was expected to be, and then I put 40 points in destruction having all the main damage talents there, there are simply no talents after Shadow and Flame worth taking, some might say the Backdraft talent is worth taking, but really, it’s not since this requires you to use conflagrate, which makes the next 3 spells cast faster which will result in a terribly low DPM, more using your global cooldowns on Life Tap which simply put means a lower DPS output. Then in Demonology I have put points all the way down to Master Demonologist which gives me, if I have my imp up, more fire damage, and an increased critchance on my fire spells, this is extremely viable because my imp does about 10% of my damage (give or take a couple percent) and if I have it up it increases my own damage a lot. So that is basically the reason behind my talent build.

9: Mainly the warlock class is in the raid as a ranged damage dealer, but also the warlock is one of the most, if not THE most important buffer/debuffer you’ll find in the raid, the warlock does good damage, it’s not top notch like for example hunter, but unlike hunters we bring the raid so much more than damage, this being soulstone, healthstones which are crucial in some fights, also we have powerful curses, reducing the targets armor increasing melee damage, and also Curse of Elements which gives 10% increased damage to all schools of magic, some might say this isn’t needed anymore because of the Balance talent for druids, but it’s still very important since it reduces the targets resistance to magic aswell.
So the warlock is a really viable damage dealer aswell as a powerful debuffer/buffer, and this is an important part of being a warlock.
Also warlocks are extremely good magic tanks (e.g. Eredar Twins, Twin Emperors in AQ, etc.) and we can even crowd control, mainly elementals since fear isn’t a viable raid crowd control.

10: Since I recently rerolled I do not have any resistance gear of any kind on this character.

11: My professions on this warlock is Alchemy/Herbalism, herbalism at max skill, and alchemy at 425, I do not have any rare recipes since this is, again, a brand new character.

12: I have 4 other high level characters, all of them level 70, and I do believe I already introduced them in another part of the application.

13: I want to raid, I love to raid. And Solace is a PvE orientated guild, and from what I can read on your forums, what I can see, and what I hear in-game, the guild is very ambitious towards becoming a raiding guild with great quality, and this is something I want to be a part of.

14: I do not know anyone in Solace I’m afraid.

15: Yes I do

16: This is without a doubt the easiest thing in the world to do, so yes I am willing and able.

17: My latency is usually about 100 ms, and I never ever crash, but my internet can sometimes go down, this doesn’t happen often, but I would lie if I said it had never happened.

18: I have fully control over the things I do, being bedtimes etc. (example, look when this application was submitted).

19: I do not see this as a burden, I see this as a natural thing to do, and why would anybody not want to improve their character?

This was my application, I hope you enjoyed the read, and I hope to hear from you soon

//Issenhammer

Issenhammer

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80 Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80

Post  Thrak Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Very decent application there mate, informative and coherent, which is what alot of applicants lack! I'm sure one of the officers will get back to you asap with a decision.
Thrak
Thrak

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80 Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Issenhammer, warlock level 80

Post  Shadii Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:46 pm

Very good application indeed. As stated above this is the kind of application a guild likes to see! Really nothing to add, you explained everything and with already 1 day /played on 80 in 2 days I bet you'll gear up fast enough to get quite on par with the rest. I for myself had to go social/casual recently due to real-life situations and would like to see you filling up the gap I left behind! I'm sure you'll get replied to soon enough and good luck.

Greetings from a 17 year old boy studying math-physics-chemistry playing a female belf warlock after I ditched my human male character.. the coincedences, it can't be true!
Shadii
Shadii

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffani Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Issenhammer, my only question is: Do you weigh 200 pounds or more? Otherwise you won't be able to fill the entire gap Shadii left behind.

Seriously though, I liked your application very much, and in my opinion the way to go from here is to invite you on a trial-rank, and as soon as you've geared up in some heroic/badge gear etc. start bringing you to raids. I will convene with the other officers and let you know by tonight.

Tiffani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffani Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Apply accepted, welcome to Solace.

Tiffani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down